Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Mia Wasikowska




I had my eyes closed this morning listening to birdsong, long before it was light outside. My thoughts feel like an ocean at this time of day, waves washing across sand. They are usually wide ranging though not random. They are usually revealing. In these states of reverie I usually move between contentment – the warm bodies, the soft sheets – and yearning.  My yearning is not exactly romantic. The yearning is ego related. It’s expansive. Maybe that’s what dawn in the spring-time is there for.

What does it have to do with Mia? Three months ago her agent would have received my film script Three Point Turn, and most likely a note suggesting her for the lead role. It came from my director, Tony. They share an agent. He wants her. I want her. 

Drifting between wakefulness and sleep I feel grateful for all the good things in my life. But the yearning, it nips at my heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment