Thursday, December 22, 2011

Chevy Chase: In appreciation


With a filmography that includes Caddyshack, the National Lampoon films, Spies Like Us and the Fletch franchise (amongst others), is there anything to say about Chevy Chase (1943–) except: genius. Some, (the writer David Thomson comes to mind), have a gift for describing actors and performance. I don't posses that talent, so I won't try. I will say that Chase owned comedy like few others, in the 70s and 80s. Re-watching Caddyshack last night I was reminded again of his sheer vitality and sanguine style. Handsome? Sure, but not devastating. There's no denying he is his own man though. Cocksure, droll, kind of delighted by the absurdity of life. Chevy, I heart you.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you, he's a hunk, tall dark and handsome, just the way I like 'em!

    ReplyDelete