Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Time's Up




I really love Hamb, Simon Obarzanek's clothing and (limited) accessories brand. I love the fact that Bangladeshi workers will not die in the production of their products (everything is made in Australia) and its love of stripes, strong colours and illustration. But until now I didn't know Hamb had taken on clocks. In my home I check the time against two ugly time pieces. I think they came from Officeworks. For a design graduate this is a source of great shame. Design purists, modernists and lovers of fine things kind of cringe when they catch sight of them. I know I do. I am certain I would feel more at peace with the passing of time if I had Pony Clock on my wall.



Hand-printed 28cm wall clocks made from plywood sourced from Australian renewable plantation pine. Quartz clock movement (made in USA) requires 1 x AA battery (not included). $79

No comments:

Post a Comment