Monday, January 23, 2012

The Sense of an Ending: A new Beginning

I know, more about books? Let me explain, it's school holidays, which is another word for bondage. I'm trying to keep my mind as blank as a Summer sky; it's the only way to enjoy them. But if you are committed to parenting without drugs, you have to find another way of getting away. I'm doing a lot of travelling on the spot, thanks to books. Remember my disenchantment with Literary Fiction? Put to rest. Guess what? I think maybe the books I was reading were not that good. Julian Barnes' award winning The Sense of an Ending is better. This book responds to my crisis directly. It asks, why do we read fiction? What is fiction's relationship to life? What is history? One more thing. No crime. I still can't put it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment